Be Heard this “No!-Vember” : Assertive People Win!
- November 5, 2020 - November 20, 2020
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Ever left a situation berating yourself for not saying something? Wished you had stood up for yourself or others? Or has someone asked you to cool it with your hostile behavior?
Do you know you have the right to speak up for your rights and feelings? That you have value? And you deserve to ask for what you want in a way that respects you and the other person?
Assertiveness is the antidote to the above issues and more. YOU have the power to change your responses and take charge of your life. In this one-day class, we will discuss the four styles of communication – assertive, passive, aggressive and passive-aggressive. We will also:
- Examine the messages you are giving yourself
- Learn and practice a variety of techniques: including “I” messages, upping the muscle, and fogging.
- Understand how our nonverbal communication contributes to, or detracts, from our message.
- Discover how to set limits
- 3-part series w/interactive Q & A at end of each session
- Certificate of Completion at end of course
- Worksheets & Handouts
1 Registration is for 3-part class:
11/5/20 – 9:30am – 11:30am PST
11/13/20 – 9:30am – 11:30am PST
11/20/20 – 9:30am – 11:30am PST